Also, here are my Friday Faves
Friday, November 9, 2012
Also, here are my Friday Faves
Friday, November 2, 2012
Friday, October 19, 2012
1. It's finally in the 70s here in southern Georgia. I love the weather! It's been in the mid 80s through last week! Ugh! The best thing is turning off the AC, opening the windows, and saving money on energy all while feeling good.
2. This is the closest thing to autumn I have near me: a tree with mostly green leaves and a speckle of red and yellow here and there. (Don't knock on my tree!)
3. This is a two-for-one favorite: actor and show. I swoon for Jensen Ackles. He's in the show Supernatural on the CW. He's my celebrity crush, and the hubs knows it. (My hubs crushes hard on Sofia Vergara, so I can have one, too!) I can't describe what I feel when I see an image of Jensen. Only that I feel like a silly teenager again, lol. Here's one of my favorite pictures of him. (I think my heart just skipped a beat!)
4. I am loving Olay Regenerist Advanced Anti-Aging Lifting Eye Serum. Yeah...lifting. A curse word in my book. Okay, I don't really have wrinkles...yet. However, I had an allergic reaction around my eyes for applying an antioxidant serum meant for the face (that serum is amazing, just not meant for the eyes). I'm debating on whether I should post the before and after pictures. This little cream was moisturizing without burning. I've never found that in an eye cream until now. Olay, I love you!
That's all for favorites! Join the party!
Friday, October 12, 2012
Wow. My second link party in one week! I have the lovely Caitlin to thank for that!
1. Favorite Beach Side Relaxation
The hubby and I have been lucky enough to stay at his parents' house by the beach in Cape Canaveral for the past week. It's true: your cares really go away by the beach. What a wonderful way to live your life. I've enjoyed sitting at the front of the house enjoying the breeze and the roar of the ocean one block away. Heavenly.
2. Favorite Food
Ay, la comida cubana! Very comforting as it's very similar to the Dominican food I grew up on. You can see my two stinkers eyeing my Cuban sandwich, platano maduros, and empanada. It's all MINE!!
3. Favorite Show
I love fairytales and all things only a kid at heart would love. I blame my mother-in-law and sister-in-law for this one, though. And, not having TV at the beach made me turn to free series episodes on iTunes. Both the pilot (first season, episode 1) and the first two episodes of season 2 were free to download on iTunes this week. I watched the pilot, and now everything my in laws have told me about the show clicked. And just like that, I'm hooked. And now I have to watch all the other episodes to understand why on earth Belle is married to Rumplestiltskin. Do I really have to buy the whole first season for $19.99 iTunes? Really?
4. Favorite Contemplation
Skincare. Both Christina Aguilera and Michelle Williams are the same age, yet The Voice judge looks many years older. And guess what? They're 30! I have been pondering what I need to do, as a 28-year-old turning 29 in January, for anti-aging and acne solutions. Yes. Seventeen years after puberty my skin is still breaking out and keeping me on my toes. I'll address that more in detail later. But I just picked up Yes to Blueberries antioxidant serum at Walmart for $19.99. I will explain more about this in another post. This smells yummy and absorbs immediately into my skin!
5. Favorite Lipbalm/Lipgloss/Lipstick
I am NOT a lipstick girl! I feel that I look like a clown when I wear lipstick so I DON'T wear it. Ever! Lipgloss can often irritate my throat and vocal cords. I'm a singer so my cords are super sensitive. And the gloss with the micro-glitter particles are the WORST! Gloss is also a nuisance on windy days. All I wear most days is my medicated Chapstick with SPF 15. However, it leaves me feeling a little naked. Imagine my happiness when I heard that CoverGirl came out with a lipbalm/lipgloss/lipstick hybrid! Yay! It's called NatureLuxe Gloss Balm with SPF 15. I got the shade 275 Cinnamon for autumn. It was about $7 at the local drugstore. This makes me happy!
That's all for this Friday!!