I have been making this delicious recipe for about a year now. I adapted it from the one included in my Zumba DVDs' recipe book. My husband was surprised that it was low in calories but rich in taste.
What you'll need:
1-2 chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
1 cup broccoli florets
2 1/2 tbsp. honey
1/2 - 3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. coconut oil
1/2 tsp. sesame oil
1 tbsp. cornstarch powder dissolved in 1/4 cup of water
1/2 tsp. ginger powder
1 tsp. sesame seeds
1/2 cup cooked brown rice (or whole wheat pasta)
- Heat coconut oil in a saute pan over medium-low heat. (You can use canola oil instead).
- Sprinkle garlic powder and some soy sauce over chicken. Cook chicken, turning to brown on all sides, until cooked through, about 6-7 minutes. Add the broccoli.
- While the chicken and broccoli cooks, combine soy sauce, honey, ginger, sesame oil and sesame seeds in a bowl.
- Add the soy sauce mixture into the pan with the chicken and broccoli and toss to coat.
- Add the cornstarch and water mixture to thicken the sauce.
- Place your cooked brown rice (or pasta) on a plate and top it with the chicken and broccoli mixture.