I have been on a beauty binge lately. I’ve learned more about skincare and anti-aging regimens since getting my hands on the Conture system. I’ve made more trips these past few weeks to Sephora’s store (and their online store) than I can count. And just when I think I have everything I need, I come across a new product that I’m drooling over.
If you’re struggling with shopping for those on your Christmas gift list, look no further. I’ve compiled a list of some of my favorite products and others that come highly recommended in the beauty industry. Enjoy!
HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE FOR THE BEAUTY LOVER
1. ExfoliKate Gentle and ExfoliKate Intensive by Kate Somerville are touted as the miracle facials by Hollywood. I received a sample of the gentle formula from Sephora and I am seriously impressed! My skin felt so soft afterwards and readily absorbed my nightly serum.
2. A few years ago I won a Tria 4X laser hair removal device in a Twitter giveaway. I used it a few times without blogging about the results. It works! I recently started using it again, and after only two uses, the hair has almost completely stopped growing. This is a phenomenal gift for yourself or anyone asking for expensive laser hair removal gift certificates!
3. I received a Clarisonic Mia a few years ago, and after purchasing the brush heads for acne-prone skin (they are the softest and gentlest ones!) I am a happy gal when it comes time to wash off makeup and face masks.
4. If anyone on your shopping list has recently entered their late 20s or early 30s, do them a favor and snag this Ole Henricksen skin magic trio. I love the vitamin C Truth Serum, a must-have for protecting your skin from free radicals and pollution.
5. The GlamGlow SuperMud is the holy grail of all mud masks in the beauty world. I tried a sample of this today and was amazed at just how much it reduced the redness and swelling of a few hormonal acne spots on my jawline. It’s amazing!
6. The philosophy purity made simple cleanser has been in our bathroom for years. It is one of those beauty products that are staples for a home spa experience. This is the go-to cleanser when I use my Clarisonic.
1. Winter is coming, but chapped lips don’t have to follow. The Fresh Sugar Lip Showcase set has 7 tinted lip treatments with SPF15 that flatter every skin zone, and one without tint for a makeup-free look. Also included is an advanced nighttime lip treatment for extra soft lips.
2. I recently joined the highlighting trend and am loving my BECCA Champagne Pop compact. The BECCA Champagne Splits Skin Perfector includes both the Champagne Pop highlighter and the Flowerchild mineral powder blush for a fierce glow year-round.
3. I recently attended Sephora’s Essential Smoky Eye class and learned how to use my UD Naked Smoky palette. This palette has lived up to the hype and more!
4. Another little kit I purchased lately, the BareMinerals Your Kiss is On My List 8pc set is so cute! Perfect for any nude lip loving friend or coworker, each little tube is moisturizing and packs just enough pigment to polish off your everyday look.
5. Perfect for those with wanderlust (or the busy college student) on your list, the Makeup Eraser is a cloth that promises to remove makeup with just water.
6. For the sophisticate on your list, the Deborah Lippmann ‘Undressed’ set of neutral nail polishes strikes the perfect chord.
7. Sephora’s Stand Up and Shine brush set is gorgeous. Having just finished their smoky eye class, every brush you need to pull off any trendy look is in this bag. A must for any beauty lover’s arsenal!
8. Reusing a brush for a different color shadow can be frustrating when the previous shadow color blends in with the next. A quick spritz of the MAKE UP FOR EVER instant brush cleanser makes eyeshadow application a breeze.
1. Moroccanoil argan oil hair treatment is a miracle worker for dry, stressed strands.
2. From texturizing, to reviving day-old hair, to absorbing excess oil, Oribe Texturizing Spray is an efficient multitasker that’s a favorite among professional hairstylists and beauty bloggers.
3. When a product wins the Allure stamp of approval, you have my attention. The T3 Whirl Trio Interchangeable Wand is a magic tool that helps you create spiral curls, beachy waves, or full-body glamour waves depending on the attachment used.
4. A silk pillowcase protects not just your hair from breakage but also your skin from unnecessary stress (wrinkles) overnight. Consider gifting your beauty lover something for her beauty sleep from Drybar.
5. The Drybar Beach in a Box set gives your beach lover all the tools she needs to create that ‘I just came from the beach’ look.
6. Getting nowhere with a wimpy hairdryer during your travels is no longer a problem with the Drybar Let it Blow! set. It includes a small hairdryer with the power of a regular-size hairdryer, dry shampoo + conditioner, and other tools you need for a gorgeous blowout.